Written, with love, on: June 13, 2019
We know hot summer weather is right around the corner so our second choice is great for cooling your pup down! We choose watermelon pupsicles! Not only is this recipe simple to prepare, but it only calls for two ingredients!
This recipe was developed by Tracy from Baking Mischief!
Total Prep Time: 5 Min
Total Time: 4 Hr, 5 Min
Servings: 15 treats
- 2 Cups of Chopped Seedless Watermelon
- 1 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt, divided into 15 Tbsp (We recommend a No sugar added yogurt).
- Suggested Substitute: Plain Greek yogurt - *Kite Hill yogurt is soy and dairy free.
You will need a blender or food processor and silicone mold treats or simply an ice cube tray.
Step 1: Blend watermelon chunks (pre-cut) until they are smooth. Add in 1 tablespoon at a time of plain yogurt to your silicone molds (or ice cube tray) on the bottom of each section.
Step 2: Now fill the tops of each section in your tray with watermelon puree, so it’s yogurt below and watermelon on top.
Step 3: Freeze pupsicles until firm, about 4 hours. Remove pupsicles from mold or tray and store in an air-tight container in the freezer.
Pupsicles in hand, we're ready for summer!
- Watermelon: Watermelons are 92% water which is an excellent source of hydration for dogs. Watermelon is also high in vitamins, potassium and fiber.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a great source of protein and can even keep dog’s feeling full for much longer.(Great for weight-loss in more overweight dog’s as well).
Note: If your dog is sensitive to dairy, remove or switch out the yogurt in the recipe. Note that whatever yogurt you choose, NEVER choose one that contains Xylitol as it is toxic to dogs.
*Share your best recipe and pup taste tester pics with us and we will feature your pup across our social pages! Now doesn’t that sound tasty?! Give us a bark at firstname.lastname@example.org!